You know I’m a dessert fiend. No need to go through this again in great detail. If I had to rank desserts, it would go: cakes, cookies, cupcakes, and then pies (with other desserts thrown into the lineup as well). I wanted to focus on a cookie for this blog. My favorite cookie would have to be chocolate chip. I have made Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Chip Potato Chip Cookies on here before. Both of these recipes rock. So I wanted to add in another chocolate chip cookie recipe that is slightly different and still low in calories.
These chocolate chip cookies are more cake-like than the thin, chewy kind. So, if you are a fan of the thin chewy chocolate chip cookies, you may be slightly disappointed in this recipe. However, one of the best features of this recipe is that these cookies don’t contain oil. They also don’t contain butter. These chocolate chip cookies are made with Greek yogurt instead. This adds to the denseness of this cookie. The yogurt also adds a pleasant tang to the cookies, which balances out the sweetness from the sugars and chocolate chips. I really enjoy this recipe. So, if you want to try a healthier cookie that is on the cake-like side of things, give this recipe a shot. I may or may not have eaten almost all of them without sharing…
This dough pretty much mixes up like any other cookie dough. The first step is to combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, large bowl beat together the eggs and the sugars until well combined. Add in the yogurt and vanilla to the egg mixture. Gradually add in the flour to the wet mixture.
Stir in the chocolate chips until well incorporated. Drop cookie dough by spoonfuls, about 1 tablespoon each, onto the prepared pan. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
If you are a fan of a cake-like cookie, this recipe is just made for you. These cookies are thick, dense, and chewy. The texture is very similar to a cake or muffin. The chocolate chips stay soft when baked inside the cookies. So, if you are looking for a doughy, thin cookie, you may not like these. I am a fan of all soft cookies, so I definitely like these. They are moist, chewy, and filling. My chocolate chip cookie craving was squashed with just one of these bad boys. So if you are in the market for a cake-like cookie, give this one a try. It’s simple and delicious!
Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total calories: 3,348
Servings: 2+ dozen cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, silicone baking mat, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, large bowl beat together the eggs and the sugars until well combined.
- Add in the yogurt and vanilla to the egg mixture.
- Gradually add in the flour to the wet mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until well incorporated. Drop cookie dough by 1tbsp amounts onto the prepared pan. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
2 large eggs for 6 tbsp liquid egg whites
½ cup granulated sugar for ¼ Truvia Baking Blend