Just in time for Halloween, I thought I would share a sweet recipe. Even if you have more than enough candy this year, I think you’ll love this recipe.
Is there anything much better than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter? I think not. Not only is this recipe quick and easy, these rice krispie treats are soft and chewy. The perfect combination that every rice krispie treat needs.
This recipe does make a small batch, but trust me, if it made more you would be in trouble. These things are crazy good. Like, eat the whole batch good.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Servings: 8-9 bars
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal (I used generic)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chocolate or chocolate chips, melted
- Lay a piece of parchment paper out on a clean work surface. (I used approximately an 8×8 piece.)
- Stir the peanut butter, agave syrup, and maple syrup together in a medium pot over medium-low heat.
- Heat the mixture until it lightly bubbles to a boil for a few minutes, stirring continuously so it does not burn.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Add the cereal and carefully stir until the Rice Krispies are well coated.
- Spoon mixture onto the parchment paper and pat into your desired shape. (I used a silicone spatula to do this as the mixture is hot still.)
- Pat down so that the mixture is relatively compact. My bars were about 1/2″-3/4″.
- Cool for 10 minutes then spread on melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for an hour and then cut into bars. Store in an airtight container, and keep in refrigerator if your kitchen is warm. Otherwise, you can store at room temperature.